New to Lacombe Minor Hockey


NEW players just starting hockey or registering in Minor Hockey for the first time will require a Respect in Sport Certificate and a Hockey Canada ID.

If you have a player who is NEW to playing hockey, but have older children who have been playing minor hockey already, you can log into your Respect in Sport account online and add your new player to your account to receive a Hockey Canada ID for them. 

If you have Respect in Sport from another sport you are able to transfer it to hockey through Respect in Sport Transfer

Respect in Sport Parent Certificate (RIS) 

  • A parent/guardian must complete the RIS Parent Certificate online before their player(s) can receive a Hockey Canada ID (HCR #).
  • The certificate is valid for 4 years with a May 1st expiry date.
  • Takes approximately 30 minutes to complete online.
  • Cost is approx $13

Hockey Canada ID (HCR #)

  • Hockey Canada issues an ID number for each player who as registered to a Minor Hockey Association regulated by Hockey Alberta & Hockey Canada.
  • This number is unique to each player and will remain the same for all future registrations for Minor Hockey in Canada.
  • You can find this number in your Respect in Sport profile once you have finished the parent course


Welcome to LMHA! We're excited to have you join our Association. To get a transfer started from your previous Minor Hockey Association, here is our checklist:

Address - is your new address located within the City of Lacombe? If your physical address is rural, please refer to our  LMHA Boundary Map to ensure you are located within our boundaries as per Hockey Alberta.

Parent Declaration Form - A Parent Declaration Form must be completed online for each player relocating from another Minor Hockey Association to Sylvan Lake Minor Hockey Association.

*Information needed to complete form

  • RIS Certificate #
  • RIS Certified Date
  • Former Address
  • Proof of Residency - copies of 2 of the following:
    (Must have address within Lacombe Boundaries. Please blackout any financial details) 
    • Driver's License/ Photo ID
    • Rental Agreement
    • Vehicle Registration
    • Insurance
    • Utility Bill
    • Land Title

Submit Parent Declaration Form - Email address to submit Parent Declaration Form -

I completed the form, can I register now?  Once we have received your Parent Declaration Form, it has to be approved by your previous Minor Hockey Association and Hockey Alberta before you can register with us. As soon as your transfer has been approved, you will be able to register with LMHA.



  • LMHA Members can register for CAS AA Tryouts when registering for LMHA Registration 2023-2024.
  • NON-LMHA Members must use CAS NON-RESIDENT AA Tryout Registration 2023-2024.

Tryout fees must be paid in full in order to participate in Tryouts.


Ready to Register? Visit our Registration Page

Upcoming Events

May. 30, 2024 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM

Spring AGM
Lacombe Memorial Centre

read more »

RAMP Registration

Join thousands of association partners using RAMP Registration Solutions.

More Information

RAMP Official Assigning

#1 with Officials...for very good reasons.

More Information

RAMP Websites

Manage your identity from the palm of your hand to the top of your desk.

More Information

RAMP Team App

Keep your coaches, parents, athletes, and fans connected, seamlessly.

More Information