1. If the hockey season is interrupted or ends early because of Covid-19 will there be refunds for a partial season?
Any refunds will be decided on at the end of the season or when the season ends. Please attend the fall AGM on October 6, 2020 in the Upper Lobby Room at Gary Moe Sportsplex when we will be discussing this and many other items of interest.
2. The season has started late, will fees be reduced?
Any money saved by the delayed start of the season is going to be reinvested into instructors for the development stage. We also anticipate pod play or league play to continue until the end of March which will result in higher ice fees and referee costs than previous years.
3. Dressing participants in the parking lot works for now but what will we do when winter comes?
The use of the City of Lacombe facilities is an ongoing discussion and we will be meeting with City Officials on an ongoing and as needed basis. Facility use guidelines may change as needed. Changes will be announced through your Director and posted on the LMHA website. Players can now be dressed in the dressing room. U11 and up only players and coaches are allowed to enter the dressing room. U9 and under one parent may enter the dressing room with a mask.
4. Will the lobby be open for concession, washrooms and a place to wait?
At this time the concession and lobby will be closed. The public washrooms in the lobby will be open. Other than using the washrooms, all spectators proceed directly through the lobby to the bleachers without stopping.
5. Will the spectator guideline change?
LMHA is constantly re-evaluating the process of having spectators in the building and could change throughout any stage.
6. Can players bring their equipment bags into the arena?
As of October 13, 2020, players may now bring their bags into the change rooms. Please note there is no area for bags to be dropped for afterschool practices.
7. My player is also a referee, can he/she do both?
Yes they may, referees will be officiating via physical distancing so they may play hockey and ref multiple teams.
8. I have multiple children and no other option than to bring them to the arena with me. What can I do?
We understand these situations may arise and we will work with families on an individual basis. Please contact your division director to discuss.
Please note: children that have been previously approved by the division director to attend must stay with their adult at all times. Failure to do so may lead to fines to the association for non-compliance and the disallowing of spectators.