Lacombe Minor Hockey Association COVID 19 - Facility Use and Attendance Guidelines
Lacombe Minor Hockey Association
COVID 19 - Facility Use and Attendance Guidelines
Updated September 16, 2021
The philosophy of the LMHA is to provide a hockey program, which encompasses fun, development, competitiveness and challenge for all players. During this COVID-19 crisis, LMHA is aiming to enhance the development of all players while offering a safe space for our hockey players, coaches, and spectators. These guidelines are meant to provide direction in using facilities used by LMHA.
Please note these guidelines are subject to change based on information from Alberta Health Services, Hockey Alberta, City of Lacombe and Lacombe Minor Hockey Association. Updates will be made on an as needed basis and most current information will be given to your director. These guidelines are only meant as direction, the most current Alberta Health Services Guidelines should be followed.
General Guidelines for LMHA Facility Users for Lacombe Arena
- We are awaiting further guidelines from The City of Lacombe and will update this as soon as we are given this information
- At this time spectator seating is limited to ? the Fire Code Capacity
Head Coach/Assistant Coach/On-Ice Responsibilities
- All coaches must wear a mask at all times in the dressing room
- Coaches should wash their hands thoroughly before and after tying player skates
Prior to attending an ice session/team event:
- Prior to attendance, all players must complete a COVID-19 Symptoms Screening Questionnaire which is found on the RAMP Team app
- Symptom Screening Questionnaires will monitored by the teams designated coordinator
- Players will not be allowed on the ice without completing the screening questionnaire
- If a player does not pass a health check or are advised by Alberta Health Services not to attend an event, please do not attend the event and follow the steps as laid out by Alberta Health Services
- All players must wear a mask at all times in the dressing room up until they are to enter the ice surface
- Two (2) meters distance is to be maintained between players except while engaging in Physical Activity
- All players must have their own water bottle marked with their name
- Do not share water bottles
- Spitting is not permitted in any part of the facility
- If you test positive for COVID-19 LMHA asks that you report this to your team right away so actions can be taken to make sure the rest of the team is safe. We are working diligently to make sure we can avoid spread amongst members
- Please follow all isolation guidelines before returning to participation with your team
Spectator/Parent/ Guardian Responsibilities:
- Spectators are encouraged to complete a COVID-19 Health Daily Checklist prior to entering any facilities. Please do not attend any LMHA event should you feel unwell at all and follow the steps as per Alberta Health Services and current testing protocols.
- All spectators are expected to sanitize their hands upon entering the facilities
- Masks are required in all spaces of the facilities including washrooms, dressing rooms, lobby, and in spectator seating.
- Exceptions include those under 2 years of age or an individual who qualifies for medical Mask Exemptions. Please follow the link for more information.
- Spectator attendance is restricted to ? the Fire Code Capacity and will be monitored by the designated team coordinator
- Attendees are limited to a single household or two (2) close contacts if living alone in spectator seating
- Two (2) meters physical distancing must be maintained between households in spectator seating
- Masks must be worn at all times in spectator seating.
Dressing Room/User Responsibilities:
- We are awaiting further guidelines from the City of Lacombe and will update this once we have that information
- If it is found that the user has not followed these guidelines, those of Alberta Health Services or Hockey Alberta, the user may be fined or may lose their ice times for the rest of the 2021-2022 season